Tackle Difficult Conversations Remotely
Broach Sensitive and Challenging Topics by Phone and Video
Browse Our Virtual Training Workshops
Tackling Difficult Conversations Remotely
Tackling Difficult Conversations Remotely
Our Tackling Difficult Conversations Virtually virtual workshops are invaluable to professionals at all levels and in all functions.
Challenging conversations are a part of daily life, yet most people avoid them. At work, it can be even more difficult to broach challenging topics, either because the relationship with the other party lacks history and trust or, conversely, because it conflates professional matters with a personal relationship – both seem risky.
And, having to conduct difficult conversations virtually – whether by video, by phone, or by email – presents additional challenges. If not handled well, bringing up the topic could make matters worse.
By attending Tackling Difficult Conversations Virtually, participants learn how they can use a simple, yet powerful, framework to tackle a variety of challenging and difficult conversations remotely. They understand how to shift their most intimidating conversations into opportunities for enhancing professional relationships and improving results.
Participants apply our Difficult Conversations framework in a variety of exercises and case-studies, including their own real-life, real-time, personally-challenging situations.
Like all of our virtual workshops, your Tackling Difficult Conversations Virtually workshop will be customized to meet the specific challenges faced by your organization and your staff. Our virtual workshops are hands-on and combine theory with practice, using a mixture of lecture and exercises to drive the learning.
• Proactively engage difficult conversations remotely
• Transform virtual difficult conversations into opportunities for improving relationship dynamics
• Avoid hostility by adopting a “constructive candor” paradigm
• Improve outcomes using effective communication, virtually
• Adopt best practices for remote, virtual communication
• Resolve differences effectively, despite distance between the parties
• Understanding learning loops
• Having difficult conversations
• Advocating one’s thoughts effectively using technological platforms, telephone, and email
• Listening actively
• Using empathy to drive virtual difficult conversations
• Recognizing the impact of the “internal voice” in challenging conversations
• Avoiding negative mental shortcuts when communicating remotely
• Adopting constructive analytic pathways when tackling difficult conversations
We invite you to explore our different virtual training workshops and find the ones that best meet your learning objectives:
• Leading Virtual & Remote Teams is our most popular virtual training solution
• Our Change Leadership virtual training workshop is a must for any professional in today’s ever-changing business climate
• Leading Effective Virtual Meetings virtual training workshops are designed to help professionals make the most out of their remote meetings
• Negotiating Remotely virtual training workshops help leaders and sales professionals negotiate winning terms while protecting important relationships with counterparts
• Tackling Difficult Conversations Remotely virtual training workshops help professionals broach challenging topics with internal and external parties alike
• Active Listing: an Essential Skill for Remote Communication virtual training workshops help professionals surface and digest critical information, as well as enhance relationships, when communicating via video or phone
• Emotional Intelligence for Remote Communication virtual training workshops prepare professionals to address difficult situations that involve strong emotions
• How to Say “No” Even in the Toughest Times virtual training workshops develops the skills needed to
push back against counterparts while protecting those important professional relationships
• Distance-Based Critical Feedback & Performance Appraisals virtual training workshops develop skills for conducting even the most intimidating evaluations by phone or video
We also design and deliver fully-customized virtual training workshops that target your unique areas of focus and specific audience needs. Please contact us at (212) 391-8100 to learn more!
Ratings: (5,000+ participants)
“immediate job relevance”
Why do clients prefer Consensus virtual workshops?
Led by Field-Tested Professional Negotiators & Mediators
High Energy & Fun
1 hour to multiple days
The Practitioner Advantage
Each member of the Consensus team has more than fifteen years of field experience, working on behalf of clients as their negotiators and mediators. As practitioners, we routinely test and apply cutting edge strategies and theories as part of our various client situations, ranging from hostage situations to billion-dollar business transactions to political standoffs.
Accordingly, we are highly informed about the strengths inherent to different approaches and frameworks, and how various theoretical concepts would or would not apply to your contexts. Our practitioner experience translates into more concrete advice based on firsthand experience, a true understanding of how theories play out in the real world (and when popular ideas would fall short), and an ability to relate to professionals at all levels of seniority – including members of your C-suite.
Contact Consensus to determine which Virtual Training workshop would best meet your learning objectives and participant needs.
We also would be happy to discuss a fully-customized curriculum that addresses other related topics and goals.