Browse Our Virtual Training Workshops
Leading Effective Virtual Meetings
Leading Effective Virtual Meetings
Our Leading Effective Virtual Meetings virtual workshops provide professionals with the skills needed for today’s remote work environment.
Leaders and managers often find themselves involved in meetings full of tangents and disagreements that derail productivity. When those meetings take place virtually – by videoconference or by telephone – the ability to maintain focus, engagement, and cohesion among participants is challenged even more.
Our Leading Effective Virtual Meetings workshop is the solution.
In this virtual session, your participants learn skills for keeping folks engaged, reconciling divergent ideas and opinions among attendees, and helping ensuring the time spent together is productive. They also consider the benefits and challenges associated with the latest technological platforms, as well as the advantages that video and telephone each offer.
Participants engage in a variety of fun, yet practical exercises and case-studies, including role-play simulations that capture the challenges they face in their professional roles.
Like all of our virtual workshops, your Leading Effective Virtual Meetings workshop will be customized to meet the specific challenges faced by your organization and your staff. Our virtual workshops are hands-on and combine theory with practice, using a mixture of lecture and exercises to drive the learning.
• Conduct more productive virtual meetings
• Be strategic in adopting the best mode of remote communication
• Best practices for leading a virtual meeting
• Prevent diverting tangents
• Resolve disagreements
• Address emotional factors
• Understanding different technological platforms for conducting remote meetings
• Selecting the most effective mode for having a virtual meeting
• Setting an effective meeting agenda for a virtual meeting
• Summarizing as a tool for advancing a virtual conversation
• Applying the Ladder of Inference
• Telling their story
• Recognizing systemic tensions
• Advocating with authority and diplomacy
We invite you to explore our different virtual training workshops and find the ones that best meet your learning objectives:
• Leading Virtual & Remote Teams is our most popular virtual training solution
• Our Change Leadership virtual training workshop is a must for any professional in today’s ever-changing business climate
• Leading Effective Virtual Meetings virtual training workshops are designed to help professionals make the most out of their remote meetings
• Negotiating Remotely virtual training workshops help leaders and sales professionals negotiate winning terms while protecting important relationships with counterparts
• Tackling Difficult Conversations Remotely virtual training workshops help professionals broach challenging topics with internal and external parties alike
• Active Listing: an Essential Skill for Remote Communication virtual training workshops help professionals surface and digest critical information, as well as enhance relationships, when communicating via video or phone
• Emotional Intelligence for Remote Communication virtual training workshops prepare professionals to address difficult situations that involve strong emotions
• How to Say “No” Even in the Toughest Times virtual training workshops develops the skills needed to
push back against counterparts while protecting those important professional relationships
• Distance-Based Critical Feedback & Performance Appraisals virtual training workshops develop skills for conducting even the most intimidating evaluations by phone or video
We also design and deliver fully-customized virtual training workshops that target your unique areas of focus and specific audience needs. Please contact us at (212) 391-8100 to learn more!
Ratings: (5,000+ participants)
“immediate job relevance”
Why do clients prefer Consensus virtual workshops?
Led by Field-Tested Professional Negotiators & Mediators
High Energy & Fun
1 hour to multiple days
The Practitioner Advantage
Each member of the Consensus team has more than fifteen years of field experience, working on behalf of clients as their negotiators and mediators. As practitioners, we routinely test and apply cutting edge strategies and theories as part of our various client situations, ranging from hostage situations to billion-dollar business transactions to political standoffs.
Accordingly, we are highly informed about the strengths inherent to different approaches and frameworks, and how various theoretical concepts would or would not apply to your contexts. Our practitioner experience translates into more concrete advice based on firsthand experience, a true understanding of how theories play out in the real world (and when popular ideas would fall short), and an ability to relate to professionals at all levels of seniority – including members of your C-suite.