Browse Our Virtual Training Workshops
Our Negotiating Remotely virtual workshop helps professionals that must engage in remote negotiations.
By attending this powerful virtual classroom session, participants learn a powerful conceptual framework for collaborative negotiation, as well as best practices and prescriptive advice for negotiating via videoconference, telephone, or email. The framework is the same one taught in our Maximizing Value through our Collaborative Negotiation workshop. It leverages our team’s 100+ years of field experience as negotiators and mediators through our Consulting and Peace Building work, and it builds upon the pioneering work of the Harvard Negotiation Project at Harvard Law School.
Through a mix of interactive presentations and exercises, your professionals learn how to create conditions for positive, sustainable outcomes, as well as how to unlock the unique power and opportunities virtual communication modes offer negotiators. At the same time, they also learn how to directly address challenges involved in virtual negotiation, and how to avoid mistakes many people make when shifting from in-person negotiation to negotiating remotely.
Like our other virtual training workshop solutions, Negotiating Remotely can be customized to meet your specific learning objectives, as well as target your participants’ unique contexts and challenges.
• Understand the applicability of a collaborative approach to virtual negotiations
• Manage remote negotiations more effectively
• Improve one’s position in a negotiation
• Achieve better agreement terms when negotiating virtually
• Protect, if not enhance, relationships with negotiation counterparts
• Manage opportunities and challenges inherent to negotiating remotely
• The Negotiator’s Dilemma: Pursuing Substantive Objectives or Relationship Capital?
• The Negotiation Framework: A Conceptual Model for Creating and Claiming Value while Protecting Relationships with Counterparts
• Maximizing the Power of Virtual Negotiation Environments: Technical, Interactional, and Behavioral Best Practices
• Tackling Common Mistakes & Challenges Inherent to Negotiating Virtually
• Case-Study Analysis
• Applying the Theory: Role-Play & Other Negotiation Exercises
We invite you to explore our different virtual training workshops and find the ones that best meet your learning objectives:
• Leading Virtual & Remote Teams is our most popular virtual training solution
• Our Change Leadership virtual training workshop is a must for any professional in today’s ever-changing business climate
• Leading Effective Virtual Meetings virtual training workshops are designed to help professionals make the most out of their remote meetings
• Negotiating Remotely virtual training workshops help leaders and sales professionals negotiate winning terms while protecting important relationships with counterparts
• Tackling Difficult Conversations Remotely virtual training workshops help professionals broach challenging topics with internal and external parties alike
• Active Listing: an Essential Skill for Remote Communication virtual training workshops help professionals surface and digest critical information, as well as enhance relationships, when communicating via video or phone
• Emotional Intelligence for Remote Communication virtual training workshops prepare professionals to address difficult situations that involve strong emotions
• How to Say “No” Even in the Toughest Times virtual training workshops develops the skills needed to
push back against counterparts while protecting those important professional relationships
• Distance-Based Critical Feedback & Performance Appraisals virtual training workshops develop skills for conducting even the most intimidating evaluations by phone or video
We also design and deliver fully-customized virtual training workshops that target your unique areas of focus and specific audience needs. Please contact us at (212) 391-8100 to learn more!
Ratings: (5,000+ participants)
“immediate job relevance”
Why do clients prefer Consensus virtual workshops?
Led by Field-Tested Professional Negotiators & Mediators
High Energy & Fun
1 hour to multiple days
The Practitioner Advantage
Each member of the Consensus team has more than fifteen years of field experience, working on behalf of clients as their negotiators and mediators. As practitioners, we routinely test and apply cutting edge strategies and theories as part of our various client situations, ranging from hostage situations to billion-dollar business transactions to political standoffs.
Accordingly, we are highly informed about the strengths inherent to different approaches and frameworks, and how various theoretical concepts would or would not apply to your contexts. Our practitioner experience translates into more concrete advice based on firsthand experience, a true understanding of how theories play out in the real world (and when popular ideas would fall short), and an ability to relate to professionals at all levels of seniority – including members of your C-suite.