Browse Our Workshops
Maximizing Value through
Collaborative Negotiation Workshop
Using a win-win negotiation framework originally developed at Harvard Law School, participants in our Maximizing Value through Collaborative Negotiation workshop learn how to protect, if not cultivate, those important relationships while pursuing all of your organization’s substantive goals for a negotiation. They practice applying the negotiation model to a variety of exercises and case-studies. These include customized simulations that recreate the contexts and challenges they face as a group, as well as their own real-life, personally-challenging negotiations.
While other negotiation approaches certainly have their place, this collaborative paradigm is arguably the most essential negotiation tool for today’s sophisticated professionals who often are tasked with two seemingly conflicting objectives:
• obtaining optimal deal terms for themselves and your organization, and
• protecting and increasing goodwill with negotiation counterparts.
This interactive workshop provides the building blocks for simultaneously accomplishing both of these goals.
• Understand the benefits and applicability of a collaborative approach to negotiation
• Manage negotiations more effectively
• Improve one’s position in a negotiation
• Achieve better agreement terms
• Protect, if not enhance, relationships with negotiation counterparts
• Better prepare for any negotiation
• Disaggregating the inherent relational factors from the substantive objectives in a negotiation
• Addressing relational factors and substantive objectives separately and concurrently
• Using relational factors to influence negotiation results
• Knowing how to elicit important information from the other side
• Responding effectively to opposition
• Understanding when and how to walk away from the negotiation table
We invite you to explore our other negotiation workshops to find the one that best meets your training needs:
• Advanced Negotiation Skills: Winning at Collaborative Negotiation is an ideal follow-on to our Maximizing Value through Collaborative Negotiation workshop
• Influencing Colleagues workshops are designed to help professionals increase buy-in and collaboration from internal colleagues
• Sales Negotiation workshops are specifically geared to meet the needs of sales professionals
• Negotiation Skills for Leaders & Managers workshops help senior-level professionals confront simultaneous negotiations with stakeholders and external counterparts
• Negotiation Skills for Women workshops help women unlock and cultivate the inherent advantages they have as negotiators
• Cross Cultural Negotiation workshops are designed to meet the needs of professionals that negotiate with counterparts from different cultures
We also design and deliver fully-customized negotiation workshops that target your unique areas of focus and specific audience needs. Please contact us at (212) 391-8100 to learn more!
Collaborative Win-Win Negotiation Workshop
Ratings: (5,000+ participants)
“immediate job relevance”
Why do clients prefer Consensus negotiation workshops?
Led by Field-Tested Professional Negotiators
Role Play Exercises
High Energy & Fun
1/2 day to 3 days
The Practitioner Advantage
Each member of the Consensus team has more than fifteen years of field experience, working on behalf of clients as their negotiators and mediators. As practitioners, we routinely test and apply cutting edge strategies and theories as part of our various client situations, ranging from hostage situations to billion-dollar business transactions to political standoffs.
Accordingly, we are highly informed about the strengths inherent to different approaches and frameworks, and how various theoretical concepts would or would not apply to your contexts. Our practitioner experience translates into more concrete advice based on firsthand experience, a true understanding of how theories play out in the real world (and when popular ideas would fall short), and an ability to relate to professionals at all levels of seniority – including members of your C-suite.