Browse Our Workshops
Our Sales Negotiation workshop could be the solution you’ve been looking for. It caters to the special needs of sales professionals, and addresses negotiation challenges faced in a sales context.
In this hands-on workshop, your salespeople will learn a simple yet powerful framework for negotiating deals and building long-term client relationships. They will roll up their sleeves and practice applying the tools through a variety of interactive exercises and case-studies, including customized simulations that reflect the specific challenges they face in their roles at your organization.
Our negotiation model complements a variety of sales methodologies, and we customize individual workshops to relate it to the specific sales approach used by your organization, including:
• Consultative Selling
• Solution Selling
• SPIN Selling
• Strategic Selling (Miller-Heiman)
• other sales methodologies.
In the end, your sales professionals will walk away with a powerful skill set that is immediately actionable and that will help them achieve new levels of success on behalf of your organization.
• Understand how a collaborative approach to negotiation can help sales
• Achieve better sales terms
• Avoid making concessions to win business
• Uncover additional sales opportunities
• Nurture and protect client relationships
• Better prepare for any sales negotiation
• Separating the relational aspects of the parties involved from the deal itself
• Building rapport while both eliciting information from the buyer and advocating for your side
• Surfacing the client’s underlying motivations and needs
• Handling push-back
• Structuring an agreement that satisfies both sides
• Knowing when and how to walk away from the sale
We invite you to explore our other negotiation workshops to find the one that best meets your training needs:
• Maximizing Value through Collaborative Negotiation is our most popular negotiation skills workshop
• Advanced Negotiation Skills: Winning at Collaborative Negotiation is an ideal follow-on to Maximizing Value through Collaborative Negotiation workshops
• Influencing Colleagues workshops are designed to help professionals increase buy-in and collaboration from internal colleagues
• Negotiation Skills for Leaders & Managers workshops help senior-level professionals confront simultaneous negotiations with stakeholders and external counterparts
• Negotiation Skills for Women workshops help women unlock and cultivate the inherent advantages they have as negotiators
• Cross Cultural Negotiation workshops are designed to meet the needs of professionals that negotiate with counterparts from different cultures
We also design and deliver fully-customized negotiation workshops that target your unique areas of focus and specific audience needs. Please contact us at (212) 391-8100 to learn more!
Why do clients prefer Consensus negotiation workshops?
Led by Field-Tested Professional Negotiators
Role Play Exercises
High Energy & Fun
1/2 day to 3 days
The Practitioner Advantage
Each member of the Consensus team has more than fifteen years of field experience, working on behalf of clients as their negotiators and mediators. As practitioners, we routinely test and apply cutting edge strategies and theories as part of our various client situations, ranging from hostage situations to billion-dollar business transactions to political standoffs.
Accordingly, we are highly informed about the strengths inherent to different approaches and frameworks, and how various theoretical concepts would or would not apply to your contexts. Our practitioner experience translates into more concrete advice based on firsthand experience, a true understanding of how theories play out in the real world (and when popular ideas would fall short), and an ability to relate to professionals at all levels of seniority – including members of your C-suite.