Browse Our Workshops
for Leaders & Managers
1) negotiating on behalf of their organization with an external counterpart, and
2) negotiating with other stakeholders within their organization
In our Negotiation Skills for Leaders & Managers workshop, your senior-level participants learn a proven framework for negotiating with counterparts, both external to the organization as well as within it. The negotiation model was originally developed at Harvard Law School and has since been taken to new levels by a number of thought leaders, and serves to help negotiators achieve the agreement terms they seek while cultivating enduring relationships with their negotiation counterparts.
This high-energy, high-impact workshop uses a mix of interactive exercises and case-studies to make theories come to life, with customized role-play simulations and analyses of participants’ real-life challenging situations enhancing the learning and enjoyment.
Participants walk away with an essential, immediately-actionable skill set that they can use within your organization and when negotiating with third parties such as clients, vendors, and other important relationship partners.
• Manage critical negotiations more effectively, both within and outside the organization
• Understand the benefits and applicability of a collaborative approach to negotiation
• Improve one’s position in the negotiation
• Achieve better agreement terms
• Protect, if not enhance, relationships with negotiation counterparts
• Establish leverage
• Disaggregating the relational factors from the substantive objectives in a negotiation
• Addressing relational factors and substantive objectives separately and concurrently
• Using relational factors to influence negotiation results
• Knowing how to elicit important information from the other side
• Crafting proposals that the other side can agree to
• Responding effectively to opposition
• Dealing with difficult, deceitful, and irrational counterparts
• Understanding when and how to walk away from the negotiation table
We invite you to explore our other negotiation workshops to find the one that best meets your training needs:
• Maximizing Value through Collaborative Negotiation is our most popular negotiation skills workshop
• Advanced Negotiation Skills: Winning at Collaborative Negotiation is an ideal follow-on to Maximizing Value through Collaborative Negotiation workshops
• Influencing Colleagues workshops are designed to help professionals increase buy-in and collaboration from internal colleagues
• Sales Negotiation workshops are specifically geared to meet the needs of sales professionals
• Negotiation Skills for Women workshops help women unlock and cultivate the inherent advantages they have as negotiators
• Cross Cultural Negotiation workshops are designed to meet the needs of professionals that negotiate with counterparts from different cultures
We also design and deliver fully-customized negotiation workshops that target your unique areas of focus and specific audience needs. Please contact us at (212) 391-8100 to learn more!
Why do clients prefer Consensus negotiation workshops?
Led by Field-Tested Professional Negotiators
Role Play Exercises
High Energy & Fun
1/2 day to 3 days
The Practitioner Advantage
Each member of the Consensus team has more than fifteen years of field experience, working on behalf of clients as their negotiators and mediators. As practitioners, we routinely test and apply cutting edge strategies and theories as part of our various client situations, ranging from hostage situations to billion-dollar business transactions to political standoffs.
Accordingly, we are highly informed about the strengths inherent to different approaches and frameworks, and how various theoretical concepts would or would not apply to your contexts. Our practitioner experience translates into more concrete advice based on firsthand experience, a true understanding of how theories play out in the real world (and when popular ideas would fall short), and an ability to relate to professionals at all levels of seniority – including members of your C-suite.