Browse Our Workshops
Negotiation Skills for Women
In our Negotiation Skills for Women workshop, participants learn the same powerful negotiation framework taught in our Collaborative Negotiation workshop. However, in addition to learning how the collaborative-negotiation model can fuel better agreements and stronger relationships, they explore how factors such as societal influences, power, status, and access to information impact women in negotiations. Moreover, they learn how to harness specific advantages that they have as female negotiators.
Participants see theories come to life as they apply the model during fun, interactive exercises and case-studies, including customized roll-play simulations and their own challenging situations.
In the end, participants walk away with a powerful business tool that they can use to achieve simultaneous success with two seemingly conflicting negotiation objectives:
1) obtaining optimal deal terms for themselves and your organization; and
2) protecting and increasing goodwill with their negotiation counterparts
• Manage negotiations more effectively
• Improve one’s position in a negotiation
• Achieve better agreement terms
• Protect, if not enhance, relationships with negotiation counterparts
• Factor in and capitalize on variables that could affect you as a female negotiator
• Better prepare for any negotiation
• Disaggregating the inherent relational factors from the substantive objectives in a negotiation
• Addressing relational factors and substantive objectives separately and concurrently
• Using relational factors to influence negotiation results
• Understanding gender-related factors that affect negotiations
• Knowing how to elicit important information from the other side
• Understanding when and how to walk away from the negotiation table
We invite you to explore our other negotiation workshops to find the one that best meets your training needs:
• Maximizing Value through Collaborative Negotiation is our most popular negotiation skills workshop
• Advanced Negotiation Skills: Winning at Collaborative Negotiation is an ideal follow-on to Maximizing Value through Collaborative Negotiation workshops
• Influencing Colleagues workshops are designed to help professionals increase buy-in and collaboration from internal colleagues
• Sales Negotiation workshops are specifically geared to meet the needs of sales professionals
• Negotiation Skills for Leaders & Managers workshops help senior-level professionals confront simultaneous negotiations with stakeholders and external counterparts
• Cross Cultural Negotiation workshops are designed to meet the needs of professionals that negotiate with counterparts from different cultures
We also design and deliver fully-customized negotiation workshops that target your unique areas of focus and specific audience needs. Please contact us at (212) 391-8100 to learn more!
Why do clients prefer Consensus negotiation workshops?
Led by Field-Tested Professional Negotiators
Role Play Exercises
High Energy & Fun
1/2 day to 3 days
The Practitioner Advantage
Each member of the Consensus team has more than fifteen years of field experience, working on behalf of clients as their negotiators and mediators. As practitioners, we routinely test and apply cutting edge strategies and theories as part of our various client situations, ranging from hostage situations to billion-dollar business transactions to political standoffs.
Accordingly, we are highly informed about the strengths inherent to different approaches and frameworks, and how various theoretical concepts would or would not apply to your contexts. Our practitioner experience translates into more concrete advice based on firsthand experience, a true understanding of how theories play out in the real world (and when popular ideas would fall short), and an ability to relate to professionals at all levels of seniority – including members of your C-suite.