Browse Our Virtual Training Workshops
How to Say No
How to Say NoEven in the Toughest Times
Anyone that has to build and maintain professional relationship – whether with external customers, internal clients, supervisors, stakeholders, suppliers, or other business counterparts – faces the challenge of pushing back or saying no.
Our How to Say No…Even in the Toughest Times virtual workshop develops the skills needed to push back against counterparts while protecting those important professional relationships.
Participants learn a simple yet powerful framework for remotely addressing different business challenges including untenable requests, unreasonable expectations, scope creep, unmet expectations, and other situations that can make one feel pressed to choose between conceding to the request or jeopardizing the business relationship with the counterpart.
The concepts come to life when participants apply the theory to interactive exercised that capture real-life situations they are facing in the workplace.
Participants walk away with a skill set that is immediately actionable and that can instantly improve your business.
Like all of our virtual workshops, your How to Say No…Even in the Toughest Times virtual workshop will be customized to meet the specific challenges faced by your organization and your staff. Our virtual workshops are hands-on and combine theory with practice, using a mixture of lecture and exercises to drive the learning.
• Avoid unwarranted concessions
• Improve forward looking opportunities with clients
• Disaggregate demands from underlying motivations and objectives
• Capitalize on opportunities to constructively build professional relationships
• Deescalate relational stresses
• Surfacing the root of the request and the no
• Saying no without provoking counterparts
• Being empathetic and showing understanding to support the conversation and relationship
• Becoming aware of biases – ours and theirs
We invite you to explore our different virtual training workshops and find the ones that best meet your learning objectives:
• Leading Virtual & Remote Teams is our most popular virtual training solution
• Our Change Leadership virtual training workshop is a must for any professional in today’s ever-changing business climate
• Leading Effective Virtual Meetings virtual training workshops are designed to help professionals make the most out of their remote meetings
• Negotiating Remotely virtual training workshops help leaders and sales professionals negotiate winning terms while protecting important relationships with counterparts
• Tackling Difficult Conversations Remotely virtual training workshops help professionals broach challenging topics with internal and external parties alike
• Active Listing: an Essential Skill for Remote Communication virtual training workshops help professionals surface and digest critical information, as well as enhance relationships, when communicating via video or phone
• Emotional Intelligence for Remote Communication virtual training workshops prepare professionals to address difficult situations that involve strong emotions
• How to Say “No” Even in the Toughest Times virtual training workshops develops the skills needed to
push back against counterparts while protecting those important professional relationships
• Distance-Based Critical Feedback & Performance Appraisals virtual training workshops develop skills for conducting even the most intimidating evaluations by phone or video
We also design and deliver fully-customized virtual training workshops that target your unique areas of focus and specific audience needs. Please contact us at (212) 391-8100 to learn more!
Ratings: (5,000+ participants)
“immediate job relevance”
Why do clients prefer Consensus virtual workshops?
Led by Field-Tested Professional Negotiators & Mediators
High Energy & Fun
1 hour to multiple days
The Practitioner Advantage
Each member of the Consensus team has more than fifteen years of field experience, working on behalf of clients as their negotiators and mediators. As practitioners, we routinely test and apply cutting edge strategies and theories as part of our various client situations, ranging from hostage situations to billion-dollar business transactions to political standoffs.
Accordingly, we are highly informed about the strengths inherent to different approaches and frameworks, and how various theoretical concepts would or would not apply to your contexts. Our practitioner experience translates into more concrete advice based on firsthand experience, a true understanding of how theories play out in the real world (and when popular ideas would fall short), and an ability to relate to professionals at all levels of seniority – including members of your C-suite.