Browse Our Workshops
While listening tends to be passive exercise that we do without thinking, our Active Listening workshop shows participants how actively listening can easily transform their professional relationships and job performance.
Whether they are in sales, management, or any other function, it’s essential that they consider information shared by others – be those clients, supervisors, colleagues, or other counterparts. Unfortunately, research shows that we remember only 25% to 50% of what we hear. Clearly, anyone would benefit by improving their ability to take in and recall information.
One way to do this is by developing active listening skills that enable us to better process messages being shared by others. This high-energy workshop helps participants develop their active listening skills using fun, interactive exercises.
• Understand the critical difference between active and passive listening behaviors
• Improve communication and relationships with others
• Recognize the barriers to active listening
• Elicit undisclosed data, thoughts, values, and feelings
• Suspend preconceived notions
• Avoid argument and debate
• Pursuing learning conversations
• Understanding the power of active listening
• Using inquiry to surface important information
• Employing bridging tools to build rapport and deepen the interaction
Hear What Corporate Leaders Think about Their Communication Workshop Experience
We invite you to explore our other communication skills workshops to find the one that best meets your training needs:
• Having Challenging Conversations workshops are the perfect solution for anyone who struggles with or avoids difficult conversations
• Performance Reviews 2.0 workshops help professionals at all levels of management deliver even the most critical evaluations to their staff
• How to Receive Feedback workshops teaches professionals at all levels of the organization how to see criticism in a positive light. They also learn essential skills for eliciting feedback and critical information that they can use to further their development and improve their job performance.
• Managing Up workshops help participants engage and influence their supervisors on matters on which they might not be in agreement, as well as prepares them to provide critical
feedback to their supervisors
• Cross Cultural Communication workshops help professionals communicate across cultures and avoid confusion, misunderstanding, and other potential damage to relationships with colleagues, clients, and other business partners
• Cross-Generational Communication workshops help professionals communicate across generations and avoid confusion, misunderstanding, and other potential damage to relationships with colleagues, clients, and other business partners
• Executive Presence: Connecting with an Audience workshops teach presenters how to connect with their audience such that their message is readily understood, welcomed, and remembered
• Emotional Intelligence and Communication workshops helps develop participants’ emotional intelligence – their ability to identify, evaluate, and influence the emotions of the various parties involved in a dynamic
• Saying No to Clients workshops provide anyone involved with client relationships the skills needed to push back against clients while protecting those critical business relationships
We also design and deliver fully-customized communication skills workshops that target your unique areas of focus and specific audience needs. Please contact us at (212) 391-8100 to learn more!
Why do clients prefer Consensus communication skills workshops?
Led by Field-Tested Mediators & Negotiators
Role Play Exercises
High Energy & Fun
1/2 day to 3 days
The Practitioner Advantage
Each member of the Consensus team has more than fifteen years of field experience, working on behalf of clients as their negotiators and mediators. As practitioners, we routinely test and apply cutting edge strategies and theories as part of our various client situations, ranging from hostage situations to billion-dollar business transactions to political standoffs.
Accordingly, we are highly informed about the strengths inherent to different approaches and frameworks, and how various theoretical concepts would or would not apply to your contexts. Our practitioner experience translates into more concrete advice based on firsthand experience, a true understanding of how theories play out in the real world (and when popular ideas would fall short), and an ability to relate to professionals at all levels of seniority – including members of your C-suite.