Browse Our Workshops
As one climbs the professional ranks, they are expected to share their ideas and feedback more and more – this is how organizations advance. Even if not expressly encouraged to do so, people identify opportunities for improvement, and want to contribute. However, it can be difficult to influence decisions when those senior have a different perspective.
Our Managing Up workshop helps participants engage and influence their supervisors on matters on which they might not be in agreement, as well as prepares them to provide critical feedback to their supervisors. They learn how to express their views without jeopardizing relationships with people key to their professional success.
Throughout these hands-on workshops, participants apply the concepts during a variety of exercises and case-studies, including customized simulations that recreate the situations and challenges that they face at your organization.
• Engage and influence one’s manager on divisive matters
• Share critical feedback with managers
• Surface best solutions for a work group
• Communicate effectively up and across the organization
• Understanding a communication process that positively affects outcomes
• Recognizing that multiple perspectives can coexist
• Knowing how to effectively advocate with diplomacy
• Avoiding common pitfalls Relating performance improvement and career advancement
• Recognizing how data informs one’s understanding of criticism and inherent opportunities for improvement
We invite you to explore our other communication skills workshops to find the one that best meets your training needs:
• Having Challenging Conversations workshops are the perfect solution for anyone who struggles with or avoids difficult conversations
• Performance Reviews 2.0 workshops help professionals at all levels of management deliver even the most critical evaluations to their staff
• How to Receive Feedback workshops teaches professionals at all levels of the organization how to see criticism in a positive light. They also learn essential skills for eliciting feedback and critical information that they can use to further their development and improve their job performance.
• Active Listening workshops help participants develop active listening skills to better process information being shared by others
• Cross Cultural Communication workshops help professionals communicate across cultures and avoid confusion, misunderstanding, and other potential damage to relationships with colleagues, clients, and other business partners
• Executive Presence: Connecting with an Audience workshops teach presenters how to connect with their audience such that their message is readily understood, welcomed, and remembered
• Emotional Intelligence and Communication workshops helps develop participants’ emotional intelligence – their ability to identify, evaluate, and influence the emotions of the various parties involved in a dynamic
• Saying No to Clients workshops provide anyone involved with client relationships the skills needed to push back against clients while protecting those critical business relationships
We also design and deliver fully-customized communication skills workshops that target your unique areas of focus and specific audience needs. Please contact us at (212) 391-8100 to learn more!
Why do clients prefer Consensus communication skills workshops?
Led by Field-Tested Mediators & Negotiators
Role Play Exercises
High Energy & Fun
1/2 day to 3 days
The Practitioner Advantage
Each member of the Consensus team has more than fifteen years of field experience, working on behalf of clients as their negotiators and mediators. As practitioners, we routinely test and apply cutting edge strategies and theories as part of our various client situations, ranging from hostage situations to billion-dollar business transactions to political standoffs.
Accordingly, we are highly informed about the strengths inherent to different approaches and frameworks, and how various theoretical concepts would or would not apply to your contexts. Our practitioner experience translates into more concrete advice based on firsthand experience, a true understanding of how theories play out in the real world (and when popular ideas would fall short), and an ability to relate to professionals at all levels of seniority – including members of your C-suite.