Browse Our Workshops
Communication Skills Workshops
Do your professionals have a hard time pushing back against client requests? Are your managers tasked with delivering unfavorable feedback to their staff, and shy away from the task? Are client presentations critical to your organization’s success?
If so, our Communication Skills Workshops might be a valuable solution for you.
Your participants will learn powerful tools and sharpen their communication skills in an exciting, high energy environment. Our team of communication experts customizes each Communication Workshop to meet your specific needs and objectives. This starts even before we enter the classroom, when we perform due diligence to surface various facets that make your participants’ contexts uniquely challenging. We then tailor a syllabus to tackle those challenges and meet your learning objectives, including customized case-study simulations that reflect your organizational culture, the audience’s professional roles, perceived power imbalances, and other factors that help make the case realistic and on point.
Led by our team of negotiators and conflict resolution professionals, our Communication Workshops are hands-on, interactive, and a lot of fun. Rather than being overwrought with lecture, audience participation drives the learning.
Participants will walk away with greater confidence and ability, having developed a skill set that they can use right away.
We invite you to explore our communication skills workshops to find the one that best meets your training needs:
• Having Challenging Conversations workshops are the perfect solution for anyone who struggles with or avoids difficult conversations
• Performance Reviews 2.0 workshops help professionals at all levels of management deliver even the most critical evaluations to their staff
• How to Receive Feedback workshops teaches professionals at all levels of the organization how to see criticism in a positive light. They also learn essential skills for eliciting feedback and critical information that they can use to further their development and improve their job performance.
• Active Listening workshops help participants develop active listening skills to better process information being shared by others
• Managing Up workshops help participants engage and influence their supervisors on matters on which they might not be in agreement, as well as prepares them to provide critical
feedback to their supervisors
• Cross Cultural Communication workshops help professionals communicate across cultures and avoid confusion, misunderstanding, and other potential damage to relationships with colleagues, clients, and other business partners
• Executive Presence: Connecting with an Audience workshops teach presenters how to connect with their audience such that their message is readily understood, welcomed, and remembered
• Emotional Intelligence and Communication workshops helps develop participants’ emotional intelligence – their ability to identify, evaluate, and influence the emotions of the various parties involved in a dynamic
• Saying No to Clients workshops provide anyone involved with client relationships the skills needed to push back against clients while protecting those critical business relationships
We also design and deliver fully-customized communication skills workshops that target your unique areas of focus and specific audience needs. Please contact us at (212) 391-8100 to learn more!
Why do clients prefer Consensus communication skills workshops?
Led by Field-Tested Mediators & Negotiators
Role Play Exercises
High Energy & Fun
1/2 day to 3 days
The Practitioner Advantage
Each member of the Consensus team has more than fifteen years of field experience, working on behalf of clients as their negotiators and mediators. As practitioners, we routinely test and apply cutting edge strategies and theories as part of our various client situations, ranging from hostage situations to billion-dollar business transactions to political standoffs.
Accordingly, we are highly informed about the strengths inherent to different approaches and frameworks, and how various theoretical concepts would or would not apply to your contexts. Our practitioner experience translates into more concrete advice based on firsthand experience, a true understanding of how theories play out in the real world (and when popular ideas would fall short), and an ability to relate to professionals at all levels of seniority – including members of your C-suite.