Browse Our Workshops
How to Receive Feedback
However, do your employees understand the value of seeking out and processing critical feedback?
Our How to Receive Feedback workshops teach folks at all levels of the organization how to see criticism in a positive light. They also learn essential skills for eliciting feedback and critical information that they can use to further their development and improve their job performance.
Throughout these high energy workshops, participants apply the concepts during a variety of exercises and case-studies, including customized simulations that recreate the situations and challenges that they face at your organization.
• View criticism in a more constructive way
• Understand the personal value of receiving critical feedback
• Avoid negative and defensive reactions to criticism
• Solicit information to further understand feedback
• Improve workplace dynamics with supervisors and colleagues
• Enhance workplace performance
• Transitioning from unhealthy assumptions to constructive paradigms
• Overcoming defensiveness
• Relating performance improvement and career advancement
• Recognizing how data informs one’s understanding of criticism and inherent opportunities for improvement
• Understanding how active-listening can fuel a productive exchange
• Knowing how to advocate diplomatically and without being defensive
We invite you to explore our other communication skills workshops to find the one that best meets your training needs:
• Having Challenging Conversations workshops are the perfect solution for anyone who struggles with or avoids difficult conversations
• Performance Reviews 2.0 workshops help professionals at all levels of management deliver even the most critical evaluations to their staff
• Active Listening workshops help participants develop active listening skills to better process information being shared by others
• Managing Up workshops help participants engage and influence their supervisors on matters on which they might not be in agreement, as well as prepares them to provide critical
feedback to their supervisors
• Cross Cultural Communication workshops help professionals communicate across cultures and avoid confusion, misunderstanding, and other potential damage to relationships with colleagues, clients, and other business partners
• Executive Presence: Connecting with an Audience workshops teach presenters how to connect with their audience such that their message is readily understood, welcomed, and remembered
• Emotional Intelligence and Communication workshops helps develop participants’ emotional intelligence – their ability to identify, evaluate, and influence the emotions of the various parties involved in a dynamic
• Saying No to Clients workshops provide anyone involved with client relationships the skills needed to push back against clients while protecting those critical business relationships
We also design and deliver fully-customized communication skills workshops that target your unique areas of focus and specific audience needs. Please contact us at (212) 391-8100 to learn more!
Why do clients prefer Consensus communication skills workshops?
Led by Field-Tested Mediators & Negotiators
Role Play Exercises
High Energy & Fun
1/2 day to 3 days
The Practitioner Advantage
Each member of the Consensus team has more than fifteen years of field experience, working on behalf of clients as their negotiators and mediators. As practitioners, we routinely test and apply cutting edge strategies and theories as part of our various client situations, ranging from hostage situations to billion-dollar business transactions to political standoffs.
Accordingly, we are highly informed about the strengths inherent to different approaches and frameworks, and how various theoretical concepts would or would not apply to your contexts. Our practitioner experience translates into more concrete advice based on firsthand experience, a true understanding of how theories play out in the real world (and when popular ideas would fall short), and an ability to relate to professionals at all levels of seniority – including members of your C-suite.