Browse Our Workshops
Having Challenging Conversations
Participants learn how to use a simple, yet effective communication framework to address all types of challenging dynamics. We show them how to transform their most intimidating situations into opportunities for building stronger relationships and improving outcomes.
Participants practice applying the model throughout a variety of exercises and case-studies, including customized simulations that recreate the contexts and challenges they face as a group, as well as their own real-life, personally-challenging situations.
• Proactively broach difficult conversations
• Transition tense situations into constructive opportunities for improvement and relationship building
• Diffuse hostility and relational stresses through effective communication
• Increase learning through communication
• Manage differences more effectively and productively
• Learning loops
• Achieving balance in conversation
• Actively listening
• Advocating effectively
• Demonstrating understanding and empathy
• Acknowledging the power of the “internal voice”
• Shifting from seductive mental shortcuts to constructive analytic pathways
We invite you to explore our other communication skills workshops to find the one that best meets your training needs:
• Performance Reviews 2.0 workshops help professionals at all levels of management deliver even the most critical evaluations to their staff
• How to Receive Feedback workshops teaches professionals at all levels of the organization how to see criticism in a positive light. They also learn essential skills for eliciting feedback and critical information that they can use to further their development and improve their job performance.
• Active Listening workshops help participants develop active listening skills to better process information being shared by others
• Managing Up workshops help participants engage and influence their supervisors on matters on which they might not be in agreement, as well as prepares them to provide critical
feedback to their supervisors
• Cross Cultural Communication workshops help professionals communicate across cultures and avoid confusion, misunderstanding, and other potential damage to relationships with colleagues, clients, and other business partners
• Executive Presence: Connecting with an Audience workshops teach presenters how to connect with their audience such that their message is readily understood, welcomed, and remembered
• Emotional Intelligence and Communication workshops helps develop participants’ emotional intelligence – their ability to identify, evaluate, and influence the emotions of the various parties involved in a dynamic
• Saying No to Clients workshops provide anyone involved with client relationships the skills needed to push back against clients while protecting those critical business relationships
We also design and deliver fully-customized communication skills workshops that target your unique areas of focus and specific audience needs. Please contact us at (212) 391-8100 to learn more!
Why do clients prefer Consensus communication skills workshops?
Led by Field-Tested Mediators & Negotiators
Role Play Exercises
High Energy & Fun
1/2 day to 3 days
The Practitioner Advantage
Each member of the Consensus team has more than fifteen years of field experience, working on behalf of clients as their negotiators and mediators. As practitioners, we routinely test and apply cutting edge strategies and theories as part of our various client situations, ranging from hostage situations to billion-dollar business transactions to political standoffs.
Accordingly, we are highly informed about the strengths inherent to different approaches and frameworks, and how various theoretical concepts would or would not apply to your contexts. Our practitioner experience translates into more concrete advice based on firsthand experience, a true understanding of how theories play out in the real world (and when popular ideas would fall short), and an ability to relate to professionals at all levels of seniority – including members of your C-suite.