Browse Our Workshops
Cross Cultural Communication
Does your organization face an international client base? Does your staff have to coordinate with colleagues across a global organization? Can you afford jeopardizing critical relationships and opportunities due to cultural gaps?
Participants in our Cross Cultural Communication workshop learn essential communication skills for operating in today’s global economy. They learn a variety of tools for building and navigating relationships with international counterparts, and explore how cultural differences can impact communication, as well as things that they can do to help ensure that differences in beliefs, customs, values, and norms do no negatively impact their relationships.
In addition to offering general advice for bridging cultural differences, we customize workshops to offer prescriptive advice for specific geographic regions in which your participants conduct business.
Theories come alive as participants practice applying concepts during fun, interactive exercises and case studies, including customized role-play simulations that reflect the challenges they face at work.
They walk away better prepared to work with folks from cultures different than their own.
• Manage cross-cultural relationships more effectively
• Have an improved sense of when cultural factors might be at play
• Bridge cultural differences using specific communication skills
• Recognizing different aspects of culture
• Understanding how specific components of culture can lead to conflict
• Learning loops
• Employing active-listening skills
• Expressing empathy
• Addressing miscommunication
• Deescalating emotions
We invite you to explore our other communication skills workshops to find the one that best meets your training needs:
• Having Challenging Conversations workshops are the perfect solution for anyone who struggles with or avoids difficult conversations
• Performance Reviews 2.0 workshops help professionals at all levels of management deliver even the most critical evaluations to their staff
• How to Receive Feedback workshops teaches professionals at all levels of the organization how to see criticism in a positive light. They also learn essential skills for eliciting feedback and critical information that they can use to further their development and improve their job performance.
• Active Listening workshops help participants develop active listening skills to better process information being shared by others
• Managing Up workshops help participants engage and influence their supervisors on matters on which they might not be in agreement, as well as prepares them to provide critical
feedback to their supervisors
• Executive Presence: Connecting with an Audience workshops teach presenters how to connect with their audience such that their message is readily understood, welcomed, and remembered
• Emotional Intelligence and Communication workshops helps develop participants’ emotional intelligence – their ability to identify, evaluate, and influence the emotions of the various parties involved in a dynamic
• Saying No to Clients workshops provide anyone involved with client relationships the skills needed to push back against clients while protecting those critical business relationships
We also design and deliver fully-customized communication skills workshops that target your unique areas of focus and specific audience needs. Please contact us at (212) 391-8100 to learn more!
Why do clients prefer Consensus communication skills workshops?
Led by Field-Tested Mediators & Negotiators
Role Play Exercises
High Energy & Fun
1/2 day to 3 days
The Practitioner Advantage
Each member of the Consensus team has more than fifteen years of field experience, working on behalf of clients as their negotiators and mediators. As practitioners, we routinely test and apply cutting edge strategies and theories as part of our various client situations, ranging from hostage situations to billion-dollar business transactions to political standoffs.
Accordingly, we are highly informed about the strengths inherent to different approaches and frameworks, and how various theoretical concepts would or would not apply to your contexts. Our practitioner experience translates into more concrete advice based on firsthand experience, a true understanding of how theories play out in the real world (and when popular ideas would fall short), and an ability to relate to professionals at all levels of seniority – including members of your C-suite.