Win...at win-win negotiating
Claim the value that you create
Browse Our Workshops
Advanced Negotiation Skills: Winning at Collaborative Negotiation
Advanced Negotiation Skills:
Winning at Collaborative Negotiation
It builds upon the win-win framework, yet gives more focus to the competitive component of collaborative negotiation – claiming value. Participants learn how to apply the latest negotiation breakthroughs to claim a disproportionate share of the value they create while still maintaining trust and preserving relationships with counterparts.
They also learn strategies for confronting uncooperative, deceitful, and irrational counterparts, as well as tackling uneven trading situations in which counterparts seem to have leverage.
Like in our other negotiation workshops, participants roll up their sleeves and practice applying the concepts in a variety of fun, interactive exercises and case studies. These include audience-specific scenarios and their own real-life, personally-challenging negotiations.
Advanced Negotiation Skills: Winning at Win-Win Negotiating takes collaborative negotiation to a higher level, and teaches participants how to use collaborative negotiation techniques to maneuver better outcomes for themselves.
• Understand how to claim a disproportionate share of the value you create while using a collaborative negotiation approach
• Get more for yourself while creating agreements that are good for counterparts
• Achieve better agreement terms
• Handle nightmare counterparts
• Establish leverage
• Identifying trading zones
• Using multiple offers to advance a negotiation
• Helping counterparts convince their “back table” decision makers
• Expecting the unexpected
We invite you to explore our other negotiation workshops to find the one that best meets your training needs:
• Maximizing Value through Collaborative Negotiation is our most popular negotiation skills workshop
• Influencing Colleagues workshops are designed to help professionals increase buy-in and collaboration from internal colleagues
• Sales Negotiation workshops are specifically geared to meet the needs of sales professionals
• Negotiation Skills for Leaders & Managers workshops help senior-level professionals confront simultaneous negotiations with stakeholders and external counterparts
• Negotiation Skills for Women workshops help women unlock and cultivate the inherent advantages they have as negotiators
• Cross Cultural Negotiation workshops are designed to meet the needs of professionals that negotiate with counterparts from different cultures
We also design and deliver fully-customized negotiation workshops that target your unique areas of focus and specific audience needs. Please contact us at (212) 391-8100 to learn more!
Ratings: (5,000+ participants)
“immediate job relevance”
Why do clients prefer Consensus negotiation workshops?
Led by Field-Tested Professional Negotiators
Role Play Exercises
High Energy & Fun
1/2 day to 3 days
The Practitioner Advantage
Each member of the Consensus team has more than fifteen years of field experience, working on behalf of clients as their negotiators and mediators. As practitioners, we routinely test and apply cutting edge strategies and theories as part of our various client situations, ranging from hostage situations to billion-dollar business transactions to political standoffs.
Accordingly, we are highly informed about the strengths inherent to different approaches and frameworks, and how various theoretical concepts would or would not apply to your contexts. Our practitioner experience translates into more concrete advice based on firsthand experience, a true understanding of how theories play out in the real world (and when popular ideas would fall short), and an ability to relate to professionals at all levels of seniority – including members of your C-suite.
Contact Consensus to determine which Negotiation & Influence workshop would best meet your learning objectives and participant needs.
We also would be happy to discuss a fully-customized curriculum that addresses other related topics and goals.