Helping develop employees by constructively sharing critical feedback
Browse Our Workshops
Performance Reviews Workshops
Performance reviews are healthy and important tool for improving performance on both individual and organizational levels. Yet, many managers shy away from sharing unfavorable feedback with their direct reports.
Our Performance Reviews 2.0 workshop helps professionals at all levels of management deliver even the most critical evaluations to their staff. Participants learn how to use a powerful framework to constructively share difficult feedback; they also learn how to:
• protect employee relationships
• raise levels of engagement
• increase productivity
• reduce turnover, and
• improve outcomes.
Throughout the hands-on session, participants practice applying the model during a variety of exercises and case-studies, including customized simulations that recreate the contexts and challenges they face as a group, as well as their own real-life, personally-challenging situations.
• Raise critical feedback with employees
• Use performance reviews as an opportunity to motivate workers and improve performance
• Uncover the underlying contributors to a suboptimal context
• Improve communication with and among staff
• Manage differences more effectively and productively
• Being direct, candid, and constructive
• Understanding the power of listening
• Demonstrating understanding and empathy
• Avoiding jumping to conclusions
• Using data to analyze and problem solve
• Transitioning from unhealthy assumptions to constructive paradigms
Hear What Corporate Leaders Think about Their Communication Workshop Experience
We invite you to explore our other communication skills workshops to find the one that best meets your training needs:
• Having Challenging Conversations workshops are the perfect solution for anyone who struggles with or avoids difficult conversations
• How to Receive Feedback workshops teaches professionals at all levels of the organization how to see criticism in a positive light. They also learn essential skills for eliciting feedback and critical information that they can use to further their development and improve their job performance.
• Active Listening workshops help participants develop active listening skills to better process information being shared by others
• Managing Up workshops help participants engage and influence their supervisors on matters on which they might not be in agreement, as well as prepares them to provide critical
feedback to their supervisors
• Cross Cultural Communication workshops help professionals communicate across cultures and avoid confusion, misunderstanding, and other potential damage to relationships with colleagues, clients, and other business partners
• Cross-Generational Communication workshops help professionals communicate across generations and avoid confusion, misunderstanding, and other potential damage to relationships with colleagues, clients, and other business partners
• Executive Presence: Connecting with an Audience workshops teach presenters how to connect with their audience such that their message is readily understood, welcomed, and remembered
• Emotional Intelligence and Communication workshops helps develop participants’ emotional intelligence – their ability to identify, evaluate, and influence the emotions of the various parties involved in a dynamic
• Saying No to Clients workshops provide anyone involved with client relationships the skills needed to push back against clients while protecting those critical business relationships
We also design and deliver fully-customized communication skills workshops that target your unique areas of focus and specific audience needs. Please contact us at (212) 391-8100 to learn more!
Performance Reviews 2.0 Workshop
Why do clients prefer Consensus communication skills workshops?
Led by Field-Tested Mediators & Negotiators
Role Play Exercises
High Energy & Fun
1/2 day to 3 days
The Practitioner Advantage
Each member of the Consensus team has more than fifteen years of field experience, working on behalf of clients as their negotiators and mediators. As practitioners, we routinely test and apply cutting edge strategies and theories as part of our various client situations, ranging from hostage situations to billion-dollar business transactions to political standoffs.
Accordingly, we are highly informed about the strengths inherent to different approaches and frameworks, and how various theoretical concepts would or would not apply to your contexts. Our practitioner experience translates into more concrete advice based on firsthand experience, a true understanding of how theories play out in the real world (and when popular ideas would fall short), and an ability to relate to professionals at all levels of seniority – including members of your C-suite.
Contact Consensus to determine which Negotiation & Influence workshop would best meet your learning objectives and participant needs.
We also would be happy to discuss a fully-customized curriculum that addresses other related topics and goals.