Browse Our Workshops
Executive Presence: Connecting with an Audience
While knowing how to assemble a PowerPoint presentation or crafting and delivering concise talking points are important, effective presenters know that it takes more than that to make a powerful impression, connect with an audience, and have messages understood, embraced, and remembered.
Our Executive Presence: Connecting with an Audience workshop shares the building blocks for creating that connection. Participants learn essential “do’s” and “don’ts”, and acquire specific skills to increase their communication effectiveness in meetings and formal presentations.
Throughout the hands-on session, participants practice applying the concepts during a variety of exercises and case-studies, including customized simulations that recreate the contexts and challenges they face as a group, as well as on individual bases.
The use of videotaping (optional), allows participants to gain even greater awareness of their personal presentation style, how they are perceived by others, and how they can get even better.
• Incorporate a strategy for connecting with one’s audience
• Improve awareness of how non-verbal cues affect interpersonal discourse
• Recognize the importance of balanced conversation
• Know how to uncover what is most important to your audience
• Be prepared to handle difficult questions from one’s audience
• Gain a better understanding of professionalism and business etiquette for meetings and presentations
• Experiencing a mental shift about how to connect with an audience
• Setting the stage for an effective presentation
• Understanding presentation pitfalls
• Surfacing and addressing the audience’s interests
• Presenting and framing your ideas
• Handling difficult questions
Hear What Corporate Leaders Think about Their Communication Workshop Experience
We invite you to explore our other communication skills workshops to find the one that best meets your training needs:
• Having Challenging Conversations workshops are the perfect solution for anyone who struggles with or avoids difficult conversations
• Performance Reviews 2.0 workshops help professionals at all levels of management deliver even the most critical evaluations to their staff
• How to Receive Feedback workshops teaches professionals at all levels of the organization how to see criticism in a positive light. They also learn essential skills for eliciting feedback and critical information that they can use to further their development and improve their job performance.
• Active Listening workshops help participants develop active listening skills to better process information being shared by others
• Managing Up workshops help participants engage and influence their supervisors on matters on which they might not be in agreement, as well as prepares them to provide critical
feedback to their supervisors
• Cross Cultural Communication workshops help professionals communicate across cultures and avoid confusion, misunderstanding, and other potential damage to relationships with colleagues, clients, and other business partners
• Cross-Generational Communication workshops help professionals communicate across generations and avoid confusion, misunderstanding, and other potential damage to relationships with colleagues, clients, and other business partners
• Emotional Intelligence and Communication workshops helps develop participants’ emotional intelligence – their ability to identify, evaluate, and influence the emotions of the various parties involved in a dynamic
• Saying No to Clients workshops provide anyone involved with client relationships the skills needed to push back against clients while protecting those critical business relationships
We also design and deliver fully-customized communication skills workshops that target your unique areas of focus and specific audience needs. Please contact us at (212) 391-8100 to learn more!
Executive Presence Workshops
Why do clients prefer Consensus communication skills workshops?
Led by Field-Tested Mediators & Negotiators
Role Play Exercises
High Energy & Fun
1/2 day to 3 days
The Practitioner Advantage
Each member of the Consensus team has more than fifteen years of field experience, working on behalf of clients as their negotiators and mediators. As practitioners, we routinely test and apply cutting edge strategies and theories as part of our various client situations, ranging from hostage situations to billion-dollar business transactions to political standoffs.
Accordingly, we are highly informed about the strengths inherent to different approaches and frameworks, and how various theoretical concepts would or would not apply to your contexts. Our practitioner experience translates into more concrete advice based on firsthand experience, a true understanding of how theories play out in the real world (and when popular ideas would fall short), and an ability to relate to professionals at all levels of seniority – including members of your C-suite.