How Ombudsing Helps Your Staff
Ombudsing:Benefits to Your Staff
• Individuals clarify concerns and develop options and cooperative strategies for resolving issues without the need to escalate matters
• Alternatives are considered and shared with managers to develop cooperative strategies for problem resolution
• Your staff learn how to directly manage their own conflicts
• Your managers learn conflict management skills, improve business processes, and end inappropriate behavior, all while maintaining confidentiality
• When appropriate, the parties are referred to existing problem resolution resources within your organization, while we shepherd the process and follow up as necessary
• When appropriate and upon approval from your organization, we facilitate and mediate discussions to address the issues of conflict situations
Enjoy fewer escalations
Bolster employee engagement
Curtail destructive gossip
Increase professional satisfaction
Identify process and policy improvements
The Practitioner Advantage
Each member of the Consensus team has more than fifteen years of field experience, working on behalf of clients as their negotiators and mediators. As practitioners, we routinely test and apply cutting edge strategies and theories as part of our various client situations, ranging from hostage situations to billion-dollar business transactions to political standoffs.
Accordingly, we are highly informed about the strengths inherent to different approaches and frameworks, and how various theoretical concepts would or would not apply to your contexts. Our practitioner experience translates into more concrete advice based on firsthand experience, a true understanding of how theories play out in the real world (and when popular ideas would fall short), and an ability to relate to professionals at all levels of seniority – including members of your C-suite.