- Landlord’s contribution to client’s construction costs
- Annual rent and rental increases
- Ability for client to expand space or relocate during lease term without penalty
Throughout the negotiation process, we were careful to protect the relationship with the landlord, knowing that, if were able to consummate a deal, a contentious negotiation experience could adversely affect our client during the lease, especially if the client needed to expand or relocate during that time (in which the landlord could be asked to contribute to additional construction costs or to let the client break their existing lease).
- The client signed a long-term lease at a very competitive rate
- The landlord agreed to absorb most of the construction costs, including many untraditional “construction” expenses related to the medical equipment
- The lease included a generous amount of free rent and a liberal exit clause